Wisdom Teeth Removal
Dentist East Brunswick
Wisdom teeth are permanent teeth that are located at the back corners of your mouth. Many dentists recommend removing these teeth to avoid any potential problems, such as impacted or infected teeth.
Why Might You Need Emergency Wisdom Teeth Removal?
Though many people remove their wisdom teeth before they become a problem, there are times when emergency surgery is necessary. They can become impacted in your gums because there is no room for them to come out (or they are coming out at the wrong angle). This can be quite painful.
However, here are some other reasons why you may remove your wisdom teeth.
- Trapping food and debris behind the tooth.
- The tooth itself (and others around it) can decay.
- It can also damage your other teeth.
- Your wisdom teeth may also complicate any treatments that you are currently having in your mouth (or ones that need to be done in the future)
What Is the Recovery Like?
You are going to need to follow your dentist’s instructions, which will include tips like this:
- You are going to need to rest for a few hours or days, depending on how much anesthesia you had.
- You should be able to manage the pain with over-the-counter medicine.
- Many dentists recommend using ice to help with the swelling.
- You will have to eat soft food for about twenty-four hours in order for the area to clot and heal. However, you should make sure that you get plenty of liquids during this time.